The clinical research laboratory directed by Dr. Didier Jutras-Aswad at the Research Center of the University of Montreal Hospital Center is offering a postdoctoral position in the field of drug addiction.
The postdoctoral research fellow will have the opportunity to be involved in clinical trials evaluating the physiological and psychological effects associated with the consumption of non-therapeutic cannabis according to the different forms, methods of use and constituents, on the general population and in at-risk populations. Under the supervision of the principal investigator, he will have the opportunity to acquire expertise and master the different activities involved in clinical trials: knowledge of the different regulatory aspects of projects, development of analysis strategies, data analysis, writing of articles for publication in scientific journals, participation in scientific outreach activities (congresses, conferences, etc.) and supervision of graduate students.
The postdoctoral fellow will be part of an established research team of international reputation frequently solicited by policy makers and other knowledge users. The multidisciplinary team includes project managers, medical writers, research officers, data managers and patient partners who will support the postdoctoral fellow in his performance. For more information on the laboratory outreach, follow the news on Twitter (@DJutras_Aswad).
- Postgraduate degree in biomedical sciences, psychiatry, neuroscience, psychology, or other relevant discipline;
- Be motivated and have experience in clinical research in the field of psychiatry, addiction or related field;
- Strong interest in working with populations suffering from addictions and mental health;
- Strong skills in quantitative analysis methods;
- Strong knowledge of French (an asset) and English;
- Autonomy, strong writing and communication skills.
- Status: full time
- Location: Centre Hospitalier de l’Université de Montréal, Research Centre
- Duration: two years (with possibility of extension)
Interested candidates should e-mail their curriculum vitae, a cover letter, their academic transcripts and contact information of three individuals who may act as references to: email@example.com.
Only successful candidates will be contacted for an interview.
The CRCHUM invites women, Aboriginals, visible minorities, ethnic minorities and people with disabilities to apply. The CRCHUM adopts a broad and inclusive definition of diversity that goes beyond applicable laws.
The CRCHUM thus encourages all people, regardless of their characteristics, to apply. In accordance with Canadian immigration requirements, please note that priority will be given to
Canadian citizens and permanent resident.