Clinical research team in drug addiction psychiatry with Dr Didier Jutras-Aswad
- Writes and coordinates the production of research and clinical manuscripts including but not limited to: clinical trial protocols, reports and abstracts, presentation, knowledge transfer material to knowledge users, opinion pieces in health policy and newsletters.
- Conducts and writes literature reviews and literature reviews on the research areas of the team.
- Communicates scientific research in a credible and effective manner;
- Prioritizes and manages several writing projects with various authors and revisers, while ensuring a complete, compliant and punctual submission;
- Ensures compliance with deadlines for submitting documents and grant requests.
- Assemble, summarize and send review comments to the original authors, and ensure deadlines are met for receipt of the revised manuscripts.
- Relevant work experience of 3 years and more in the clinical research environment;
- An expert level in French and English, both written and oral is necessary;
- Graduate study diploma in a health sciences field;
- Ability to interpret and communicate in scientific and statistical language, knowledge of clinical and epidemiological scientific terminology;
- Knowledge of the scientific disciplines involved in disorders linked to the excessive use of illicit substances, public health and health policies in relation to vulnerable populations;
- Related, additional training and or certification in writing is an asset (e.g. having attended a scientific writing workshop, certificate of training in communication technique, being a member of a professional association);
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, Adobe, publishing software, writing software (End Note);
- Experience with the use of search engines for literature reviews (e.g. Pub Med, Medline, EMBASE, etc.);
- Meticulous attention to detail and precision;
- Ability to prioritize the tasks entrusted to find effective solutions to the problems identified, to carry out several tasks simultaneously and to effectively manage short and medium term deadlines;
- Effectively manage urgent and long-term deadlines;
- Excellent ability to work independently and as part of a team;
- Be diplomatic and able to maintain fruitful relationships with collaborators and stakeholders in the network;
- Excellent organizational skills and organizational skills.
- Full time: 35 hrs / week for a minimum of 12 months. Any extension is subject to the availability of funds and the positive assessment of the candidate.
- Salary: The salary offer will take into account the candidate’s qualifications and experience. The CHUM Research Center offers an advantageous package of benefits including an annual net salary (subject to compulsory deductions from pension contributions and health insurance), health insurance and annual leave.
- Location: CHUM Research Centre
In accordance with the requirements for immigration to Canada, please note that priority will, however, be given to Canadian citizens and permanent residents.
Please send your file by email to Ms. Pamela Lachance-Touchette, project manager for the Addiction Psychiatry Research Unit to the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org